Bachelor's Programme Secondary School Teacher Training
(General Education) Subject: Informatics
KPH - Edith Stein . Universität Mozarteum . PH Tirol . PH Vorarlberg . LFU Innsbruck
Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics
School of Education
|Duration / ECTS-Credits||8 semesters / 240 ECTS-Credits
(combination of two subjects)
||Bachelor of Education (BEd)|
||Bachelor (First Cycle)|
|ISCED-F||0114 Teacher Training with Subject Sepcialisation|
|Mode of Study
|Curriculum||Information on the Curriculum (2015W)*
||Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent|
|Application||» Information about the admission procedure
*Information on the Curriculum (2015W)
The complete version of the curriculum (will be updated shortly) reflects the currently valid version of the curriculum. It is for informational purposes only and is not legally binding. The legally binding version of the curriculum, including any amendments, may be found in the University of Innsbruck Bulletins.
In order to determine which version of the curriculum is applicable in your case, see the Catalogue of Studies,
available at: http://orawww.uibk.ac.at/public/lfuonline_meinestudien.studienblatt
Section: Current Curriculum version.
- University of Innsbruck Bulletin February 15th, Issue 25, No. 274 (regulation on the admission procedure)
- University of Innsbruck Bulletin July 20 2016, Issue 50, No. 506 (amendment of the curriculum)
- University of Innsbruck Bulletin June 29 2016, Issue 47, No. 491 (amendment of the curriculum)
- English version of the Curriculum
- University of Innsbruck Bulletin August 19 2015, Issue 81, No. 573 (amendment of the curriculum)
- University of Innsbruck Bulletin June 17 2015, Issue 64, No. 492
Information about examination regulations, assessment and grading
The examination regulation is an integral part of the curriculum, detailed information can be found under the paragraph examination regulations.
The ECTS Grading Table is a statistical representation of the distribution of all successfully completed examinations in a given programme of study or subject (based on all registered students for the programme or subject). The ECTS Grading Table is updated in regular intervals.
| Austrian grading
Generally good, but with some errors
Generally sound work with a number of substantial errors
Performance meets the minimum cirteria
| Positive performance, where a strict differentiation is not adequate
Substantial improvement necessary; requirement of further work
| not completed
|| Negative performance, where a strict differentiation is not adequate
Overall classification of the qualification
Explanation: An overall classification (mit Auszeichnung bestanden/pass with distinction, bestanden/pass, nicht bestanden/fail) – is awarded, in accordance with § 73 Para 3 UA, only for examinations that conclude a programme of study and consist of more than one subject (an examination of this type is not specified in the curriculum of this programme of study).
Studies Induction and Orientation Stage (STEOP)
(1) Within the scope of the Studies and Orientation Period, which takes place in the first semester, the following course examination must be passed:
- School as an Educational Institution and Role of the Teacher, VO 2, 2 ECTS-Credits
(2) Successful passing of the Studies Induction and Orientation Period entitles to passing all further courses and examinations and to writing the Bachelor’s Thesis.
(3) Before successful completion of the Studies Induction and Orientation Period courses amounting to 22 ECTS-Credits may be passed. The registration requirements listed in the curriculum must be adhered to.
Recommended Course Sequence
The exemplary course sequence given below is recommended for full-time students beginning their study programme in the winter semester. The table shows one possible course sequence for the bachelor's programme and is not compulsory. Delays resulting from repeated examinations are not taken into account.
The standard duration of the study programme is 6 semesters or 180 ECTS-Credits, whereby according to the Universities Act of 2002, a workload of 1,500 (real) hours per academic year must be fulfilled, corresponding to 60 ECTS-Credits (one ECTS-Credit is equivalent to a workload of 25 hours).
4.5 ECTS-Credits, 3 h: VO Introduction to Programming
3.0 ECTS-Credits, 2 h: PS Introduction to Programming
3.0 ECTS-Credits, 2 h: VO Introduction to Practical Computer Science
2.0 ECTS-Credits, 1 h: SL Introduction to Practical Computer Science
2.0 ECTS-Credits, 2 h: VO School as an Educational Institution and Role of the Teacher
2.0 ECTS-Credits, 2 h: PS School as an Educational Institution and Role of the Teacher
4.5 ECTS-Credits, 3 h: VO Algorithms and Data Structures
3.0 ECTS-Credits, 2 h: PS Algorithms and Data Structures
4.5 ECTS-Credits, 3 h: VO Programming Methodology
3.0 ECTS-Credits, 2 h: SL Programming Methodology
3.5 ECTS-Credits, 2 h: PR Dealing with the Challenges as a Teacher at School - Initial Practical Course
Course Sequence (incl. Basics of Educational Science)
Qualification Profile and Skills
will be updated shortly
Expected Learning Outcomes
will be updated shortly
Future Prospects: Occupational Profiles and Career Opportunities
Postgraduate and further Studies at the University of Innsbruck
Master's Programme Secondary School Teacher Training (General Education) Subject: Informatics
Information about the Programme (in German only)
Forms (in German only)
- Evidence of the Bachelor's Thesis according to the Curriculum
- Examination Records
- Record "Basics of Educational Science"
- Recognition of exams AND Supplementary Sheet
- Recognition of exams AND Supplementary Sheet (B)
(Courses out of Basics of Educational Science)
- Cover Sheet for the Bachelor's Thesis
- Declaration of Academic Honesty
Contact and Information
Standort Innrain 52d
assoz. Prof. Dr. Georg Moser
Dean of Studies
Ao. Univ.-Prof. Dr. Franz Pauer