AG Inelastische Elektronenstreuung

Open positions

Bachelor: Within the course “Bachelorseminar” we offer various topics for Bachelor thesis, which usually include experiments in our laboratories. Details about the Bachelor thesis are presented on the Homepage of the seminar.

Master: We always look for interested master students, to perform experiments among our research fields. If you are interested, please send an e-mail to


Vacant PhD position to be filled early 2019 (first working day by agreement; latest beginning 1.5. 2019):  We have an open PhD position for interested students with a master degree in Physics or Physical Chemistry and related subjects. The three-year position is related to a project on the experimental study of inelastic electron interaction with radiosensitiser molecules. The successful candidate will perform mass spectrometry experiments with different radiosensitiser molecules in the gas phase, at isolated and cluster conditions; see for example the open access articles DOI: 10.1002/anie.201503733 and for similar studies.

The position is coupled to the enrollment to the PhD-programme in physics at the University of Innsbruck  (see and for all details).

Experience in the field of mass spectrometry or electron spectroscopy is beneficial but not required.  Advanced skills in written/spoken English are required.

We offer you to work in an international research team with the focus on low-energy electron collisions. The education within the PhD is broad and offers perspectives to find later a job related to physics, physical chemistry and radiation therapy.    

The salary after tax is in total ~19.560,- Euro per year. Social insurance is included in the salary.

Interested candidates should contact Assoc. Prof. Stephan Denifl by e-mail ( and submit following documents till latest 31st of December 2018:

-letter of application including a description of your general commitment to research and the motivation to carry out a PhD in the field described above;

-academic CV (including former study programs, internships, publications);

-at least one letter of recommendation of a distinguished professor of your university;