The students of the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in German Philology acquire basic theoretical and methodological knowledge in literature studies, linguistics, writing and oral interaction. In this programme the students not only learn about literature itself but also about instruments for understanding and interpreting historical-social contexts by investigating the changing functions of literature.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- analyse the German language and its historical and contemporary functions
- interpret German literature
- become proficient in German language norms and appropriate context-specific language usage
- learn to evaluate language critically and aesthetically
- recognise and understand cultural trends
Secondary School Teacher Training
My career opportunities
Professions in the cultural sector:
- work in publishing and journalism
- work in bookselling and libraries
- work in proofreading and copy-editing
- work in public relations
- work in cultural education and management