The students of this Bachelor’s degree programme acquire sound knowledge about the development of art of all periods and genres, art history practices and methods. A major part of the programme is dedicated to teaching research methods and the classification of art in the context of art history and sociological contexts.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- analyse developments in art history
- study art
- learn to use research methods and instruments
- acquire basic knowledge about applications
- study art inventory
Secondary School Teacher Training
Career Service (in German)
My career opportunities
- work in the collection and exhibition sectors
- employment in the educational sector
- work in the public and private sectors (culture management and art trade)
- work in the recreational and tourism sector (trip planning, travel guide, etc.)
- work in libraries and archives
- work in journalism and publishing
- work in bookselling and literature sectors
Graduates tracking: provides information on the occupational fields students enter after graduation