The students of the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in European Ethnology acquire basic knowledge to analyse day-to-day experiences and customs of European societies and historical and current issues of societies. Students acquire not only knowledge about cultural theories but also methodological skills and practical competencies for work in culture and media.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- question and understand every day lifestyles and choices (e.g. veganism, travel)
- consider diversity in society (e.g. migration, gender diversity)
- learn to work empirically and practically (e.g. interviews, participatory observation)
- question own standpoints and those of others (e.g. protests, ideologies)
- analyse popular media (e.g. social media, photography)
- European Ethnology
- Comparative Literature
- Sociology: Social and Political Theory
- Educational Sciences
My career opportunities
- work in media and public relations
- employment in the exhibition and museums sector
- work in NGOs, education and consulting
- work in culture policy and administration
- work in culture management and education