The students of the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Slavonic Studies learn one or more Slavonic languages and gain sound knowledge in Slavonic linguistics, literature and culture studies.
At the Institute for Slavonic Studies students can learn Russian, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian and Polish without prior knowledge of the languages. Students who already speak one of these languages deepen their knowledge and proficiency and study similarities and differences between Slavonic languages.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- learn Russian and a second Slavonic language (Bosian, Croatian, Serbian or Polish)
- learn and use Cyrillic script
- study internationally
- study Middle and Eastern European countries
- analyse and acquire knowledge about Slavonic languages (incl. history), literature and cultures
Secondary School Teacher Training
My career opportunities
- professions in education and language teaching
- work in culture management, journalism and the broader media sector
- work in private businesses and tourism
- employment in international organisations
- pursue an academic career