The Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Education Sciences scientifically prepares and qualifies the students for careers requiring the application of knowledge and methods that are part of educational fields. Students develop critical and practical problem-solving and decision-making skills by applying theoretical and methodological knowledge.
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- acquire basic theoretical and practical knowledge of education sciences
- learn to consider the challenges of radical societal changes and its effects when dealing with topics in education sciences
- study how educational processes are created, structured and reproduced
- gain sound knowledge in the fields of psychoanalysis, disability studies, critical gender studies, migration studies and historical anthropology, etc.
- develop key competencies: interpersonal skills, tolerance, critical thinking, self-reflection and hermeneutic competence
My career opportunities
- positions at educational and continuing education institutions
- work in the fields of social and public health
- employment in recreation and culture
- positions in politics, public service and journalism
- jobs in business and industry
- work in cultural and social sciences research institutions
Career Service der Universität Innsbruck