Spanish is a global language and the world’s fourth-most spoken language. It is a major international language of communication in many fields, such as international cooperation, diplomacy and trade and export. The focus in this programme is the Spanish language: active and passive language proficiency as well as linguistic knowledge of Spanish.
Students also study Spanish culture, they gain knowledge about Spanish-speaking countries in Latin America and their culture and acquire intercultural competencies. The programme introduces the students to Spanish literature – one of the major global literatures.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- deepen language proficiency in a global language
- immerse in a new culture and broaden one’s horizon
- deepen theoretical and general knowledge about language
- learn and enhance the basic cultural techniqes of text understanding, analysis and production
- acquire sound cultural and cultural historical knowledge applicable in many professions
Secondary School Teacher Training
- Comparative Literature
- Gender, Culture and Social Change
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Romance Studies
- Translation Studies
Career Service of the University of Innsbruck (in German)
My career opportunities
- teach and research in educational institutions, e.g. universities and schools
- work in adult education
- employment in cultural institutions (e.g. theatres, publishing houses, museums)
- work in journalism and the broader media sector
- employment in the tourism, catering and hospitality sectors (e.g. tour guide, writing tourist guides and travel literature)
- work in the diplomatic service
- work in private enterprise
- employment in enology and the wine-trade
Graduates Tracking: provides information on the occupational fields students enter after graduation