The students of the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in History acquire basic knowledge of historical periods, key dates and connections and their diverse historical expressions. In this programme students learn to understand different cultures of the past and present and to approach contemporary issues in an impartial, objective and analytical way by considering different research perpectives (e.g. political, social, economic).
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- acquire knowledge of historical categories
- deepen the understanding of the past and present
- investigate and evaluate historical questions and topics
- question seemingly proven knowledge
- recognize historicity of gender constructions, ideologies and religious attitudes
- Archaeological Studies
- Classica et Orientalia
- European Ethnology
- Art History
- Political Science
My career opportunities
- work in public service departments
- work in the culture and social sector
- employment in the media sector
- work in the private sector, politics and political consulting