English and American Studies
The students of the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in English and American Studies enhance their proficiency of English and study English linguistics as well as British and American literature and culture. They also acquire soft skills needed to work in diverse professional fields.
Detailed Information Apply Online
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- acquire listening, talking, reading and writing skills at CEFR level C2
- understand the structure and functions of the English language
- learn to think critically when analysing literature, films, comics, etc.
- gain knowledge about cultural, political, social, economic contexts
- critical study of diverse forms of expressions in media
Secondary School Teacher Training
- Comparative Literature
- English and American Studies
- Gender, Culture and Social Change
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Translation Studies
Continuing Education Programmes
Career Service of the University of Innsbruck (in German)
My career opportunities
- work in publishing and libraries
- work as journalist
- work with new media
- employment in culture management
- work in adult education
- positions in public service departments
Graduates tracking: provides information on the occupational fields students enter after graduation