English and American Studies
The students of the Master’s Degree Programme in English and American Studies acquire sound knowledge and competencies in the fields of English linguistics and culture, English literature and culture as well as American literature and culture. Students may choose as electives courses and programmes offered in other departments and institutes of the faculty (for example, film studies, media studies, business communication).
The right degree for me?
- acquire comprehensive knowledge of linguistic theories and methodologies and their applications
- gain knowledge about Anglophone literatures and cultures
- learn to independently analyse and interpret texts relevant for and in literature and culture
- learn to critically consider social, media-related and cultural phenomena
- gain sound communication and research competencies
Career Service of the University of Innsbruck (in German)
My career opportunities
- pursue an academic career
- work in editing and publishing
- work in adult education
- work in journalism and the broader media sector, museums and archives
- employment in culture and academic educational administration
Graduates Tracking: provides information on the occupational fields students enter after graduation