The students of the Master’s Degree Programme in Music Studies deepen and expand their knowledge about diverse topics in historical musicology, ethnomusicology and popular music.
Detailed Information Apply Online
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Master of Arts (MA)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- study European and international music cultures
- learn about archival research and field studies
- investigate sources philologically
- analyse structure and culture theoretically
- study music and phenomena related to music within historial, ethnological, sociological, culture theory and formal aspects
Continuing Education Programmes
Career Service (in German)
My career opportunities
- work in research
- teach at universities, universities of art, conservatories, music schools and in adult education
- work in music collection and documentation institutions
- work in culture management
- work in the cultural industry sector (publishing, sound recording)
- work in culture administration and policy
Graduates tracking: provides information on the occupational fields students enter after graduation