The students of the Master’s Degree Programme in Music Studies deepen and expand their knowledge about diverse topics in historical musicology, ethnomusicology and popular music.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Master of Arts (MA)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- study European and international music cultures
- learn about archival research and field studies
- investigate sources philologically
- analyse structure and culture theoretically
- study music and phenomena related to music within historial, ethnological, sociological, culture theory and formal aspects
My career opportunities
- work in research
- teach at universities, universities of art, conservatories, music schools and in adult education
- work in music collection and documentation institutions
- work in culture management
- work in the cultural industry sector (publishing, sound recording)
- work in culture administration and policy