The students in the Master’s Degree Programme in Slavonic Studies deepen their knowledge about Slavonic linguistics, literature and culture. They also acquire language proficiency in two of the languages offered at the Institute. Graduates of this programme are able to independently analyse, discuss and present Slavonic topics at an academically professional level. They are able to find innovative solutions to complex socio-political issues.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
The right degree for me?
- study topics and methods in linguistics, literature and cultural studies
- deepen language proficiency in Russian and a second Slavic language (Bosnia, Serbian, Croatian or Polish)
- learn to treat texts and media in an informed and critical way
- acquire intercultural and communication competencies
- option to study some semesters at the partner university Russian State University for the Humanities, Moscow
Career Service of the University of Innsbruck (in German)
My career opportunities
- work as an expert for Russia and Eastern European countries in national or international institutions or organisations
- work in culture management
- work in the educational sector and as a language teacher
- work in publishing, journalism and the broader media sector
- work in the private business and tourism sectors
- pursue an academic career
Graduates tracking: provides information on the occupational fields students enter after graduation