The students of the Master’s Degree Programme in Linguistics study the structure of human communication developed over many thousands of years. In this programme students acquire knowledge about the interdepencence of language, mind and society by learning about reasoning, language, thinking, language acquisition and feminist linguistics. Acquiring foreign language competencies is also a part of this programme as well as studying current developments in digitization and computational linguistics.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
The right degree for me?
- live languages
- understand languages
- learn languages
- analyse languages
- digitise languages
Career Service of the University of Innsbruck (in German)
My career opportunities
- work in teaching and research
- positions in business communication and marketing
- work in journalism, publishing and the broader media sector
- employment in the digital humanities and language technology sector
- work in computational linguistics
- work as language consultant
- work in adult education
- work with technical documentation
Graduates tracking: provides information on the occupational fields students enter after graduation
Would you like more detailed information about admission, course of studies or individual courses?
We are at your disposal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are welcome to make a personal appointment at our institute at email@example.com.