The Master’s Degree Programme in Translation Studies builds on the field specific competencies students gained in the Bachelor’s degree programme. The graduate students acquire knowledge in translation theory, professional knowledge in three different areas of specialisation (technical translation, literary and media communication and conference interpreting) as well as technical knowledge and skills required for working as highly qualified translators and interpreters.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Master of Arts (MA)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- learn to use state-of-the art translation technologies
- gain a sound knowledge about the field of terminology studies
- study and understand translation methods in the field of literary, media and technical communication
- practical training in consecutive and simultaneous interpreting
- acquire theoretical and methodological knowledge required for enroling in a PhD programme
My career opportunities
- work as conference, media, court and community interpreter
- work as translator in many different fields (literature, technical literature, document, conferences)
- work in publising and editing (proofreading, editing, software localisation)
- employment as project manager
- work in public service nationally and internationally
- employment in the private business sector (e.g. translation agencies)
- work for associations and humanitarian organisations
- work in the cultural and academic sectors (publishing, marketing, film production companies, etc.)