The students of the Master’s Degree Programme in Art Science deepen their knowledge about art history practices and methods and the development of art of all periods and genres. Studying how theories are connected is the basis for developing complex problem solving skills and critically investigating the topic in a transdisciplinary context.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Master of Arts (MA)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- develop skills to undertake independent research
- learn methods for art education
- learn to produce context specific documents
- learn to work with the inventories of historical artworks
- learn curating of exhibitions
Career Service (in German)
My career opportunities
- work in the academic sector
- work in the art sector (museums, exhibitions, preservation of monuments and historical buildings)
- work in the public and private sectors (culture management and art trade)
- work in the recreational and tourism sector (trip planning, travel guide, etc.)
- work in libraries and archives
- work in journalism (art reviews) and publishing
- work in the bookselling and literature sector
Graduates tracking: provides information on the occupational fields students enter after graduation