The students of the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Music Studies learn about archival research, working with sources from a philological point of view, field research and structural and cultural analysis. The main field of study are European and international music cultures. Music and phenomena related to music are investigated from historical, ethnological, sociological, culture theory and theoretical perspectives.
Detailed InformationApply Online
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- study music history
- undertake research in music
- study periods of music history
- acquire competencies in problem solving by applying theoretical and methodological concepts
- study the processes and methods of ethnomusicology
Continuing Education Programmes
Career Service (in German)
My career opportunities
- work with music collections and music-related documentation institutions (libraries, archives, museums, music information centres)
- work in journalism (radio, TV, print media, internet)
- work in culture management (event management and education)
- work in dramaturgy
- work in cultural industries (publishing, sound recording)
- work in culture management and policy
Graduates tracking: provides information on the occupational fields students enter after graduation