French is spoken around the world and is used as the main international language of communication in many fields, such as international cooperation, diplomacy and trade and export. The focus in this programme is the French language: active and passive language proficiency as well as linguistic knowledge of French.
Students also study French culture and the culture of other French-speaking countries and acquire intercultural competencies. The programme introduces the students to French literature – one of the major occidental literatures.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- deepen language proficiency in a major international language
- immerse in a new culture and broaden the horizon
- deepen the theoretical and general knowledge about language
- learn and enhance basic cultural techniqes of text understanding, analysis and production
- acquire sound cultural and cultural historical knowledge applicable in many professions
Secondary School Teacher Training
- Comparative Literature
- Gender, Culture and Social Change
- Linguistic and Literary Varieties in the Francophone World
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Romance Studies
- Translation Studies
Career Service of the University of Innsbruck (in German)
My career opportunities
- teach and research in educational institutions, e.g. universities and schools
- work in adult education
- employment in cultural institutions (e.g. theatres, publishing houses, museums)
- work in journalism and the broader media sector
- employment in the tourism, catering and hospitality sectors (e.g. tour guide, writing tourist guides and travel literature)
- work in the diplomatic service
- work in private enterprise
- employment in enology and the wine-trade
Graduates Tracking: provides information on the occupational fields students enter after graduation