The students of the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Linguistics acquire sound theoretical and methodological knowledge in the various fields of linguistics, such as phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, text linguistics, languages of the world and linguistic typology as well as sociolinguistics and gender studies. Students may also gain additional qualifications by choosing elective modules from other linguistically relevant disciplines.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- study how language has developed
- study the structure of languages
- learn about using words and sentences in the performance of speech acts
- learn about languages of the world and language types
- study the relationship between language and society
Career Service of the University of Innsbruck (in German)
My career opportunities
- work in teaching and research
- positions related to business communication and marketing
- work in journalism and publishing
- work in language consulting
- emplyoment in adult education
- technical documentation of languages
- positions in digital humanities and language technology
- work in computational linguistics
Graduates tracking: provides information on the occupational fields students enter after graduation