ITP Computer HowTo Pages
This is a comprehensive list of information for users of the local LinuX Computer Cluster in a user-friendly presentation.
|The Internal HowTo's
UNIXhelp for Users
- Mailing Lists of the Physics Institutes at Innsbruck
To create a personal website at ZID server, see Nutzung des ZID Webservers für private Homepages.
- Printing Files at the LinuX Cluster
- Secure Shell (SSH) HowTo
- Software at the LinuX Cluster
- Change a (NIS) Password at the LinuX Cluster
- Change/Get a Samba Password
- Check the quota of the LinuX account
- Configure the X-server to use Mathematica fonts
- Connect to the LinuX Cluster within Windows: See the ZID's Getting Started Tutorial.
- Connect to a Samba Share within Windows 2000 or XP
- Print Files at the LinuX Cluster
- Restore Deleted Files/Directories on the LinuX Sites
- Use the Secure Shell on the LinuX Cluster
- Use Wireless LAN (WLAN) at the Theoretical Physics Institute
For security reasons, our LinuX cluster systems are only available from inside the University's domain IPs. If you want to access the systems from outside, you need to set up a VPN connection. See the ZID's instructions for setting up a VPN client for various operating systems.
- The LinuX Documentation Project (LDP) (mirror at Innsbruck)
- LDP HOWTO-INDEX (mirror at Innsbruck)
- The LinuX Docs at ZID
- The zid-luxinst Docs
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 Documentation (local version in the directory
Note: If your SeaMonkey, Mozilla or Firefox does not follow this local link to file
/net/appls/doc/RedHatEL4/index.htmlyou can drag the link to the location bar and then drop it on the webpage or store the following Mozilla user preferences file
user.jsto your mozilla or firefox profile directory (where you find the file
prefs.js) and restart your browser (see FAQ's).
LinuX ressources on the RedHat WWW-Server:
LinuX ressources on the CentOS WWW-Server: