Research Platform Empirical and Experimental Economics
ao. Univ.-Prof. Dr. Janette Walde (Institute of Statistics)
The research platform (eeecon) includes the four research centers (1) Empirical Economics and Econometrics, (2) Environmental Economics and Regional Development, (3) Experimental Economics and Applied Game Theory, and (4) Financial Markets and Risk.
The main objective of eeecon is to deepen the cooperation and collaboration between the involved research centers and members, leading also to interdisciplinary research projects and co-authorships. The working paper series of eeecon (listed in REPEC) allows members to disseminate their most recent research projects to the broad academic community. Eeecon workshops promote the exchange of information and benefit from the participation of highly reputed international speakers, signaling the high quality standard of the network and research work.
Research objectives of eeecon are the research objectives of its research members. Therefore, eeecon deals with
(1a) problems in macroeconomics, globalization and the evaluation of politico-economic tasks,
(1b) methodical fundamental research in the area of spatio-temporal models in Econometrics and Statistics, especially in Computational Statistics,
(2) the significance of environment and soft factors, like social capital or cultural norms, for quality of life, economic development and innovative capacity of (ecologically sensitive) regions,
(3) individual and strategic decision-making processes using a combination of theoretical and experimental methods, and
(4) the analysis of the contribution of better developed markets and the innovation of complex financial instruments to a sustainable improvement of our economies and societies.
The application of up-to-date methodical knowledge and theoretical findings in order to analyze current socially relevant problems enables eeecon members to publish in highly ranked journals. Therefore, Innsbruck is recognized internationally as a successful research location in the area of empirical and experimental economics.
Interview with Janette Walde (Video)
Affiliated Organisational Units
School of Management
Faculty of Economics and Statistics
- Institute of Economic Theory, Policy and History
- Institute of Financial Studies
- Institute of Statistics
Affiliated Research Centres
- Research Centre Empirical Economics and Econometrics
- Research Centre Environmental Economics and Regional Development
- Research Centre Experimental Economics and Applied Game Theory
- Research Centre Financial Markets and Risk