Ancient History and Ancient Oriental Studies
The students of the Master’s Degree Programme in Ancient History and Ancient Oriental Studies investigate the Mediterranean region and the Middle East from the beginning of written culture to late antiquity. The programme is also focused on studying contacts and interactions between cultural regions. What are the impacts of these interactions on the present time? Students access these topics by using methods of history, philology and archaeology and learn to apply acquired competencies in an interdisciplinary way.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- deepen critical thinking
- acquire more interconnected thinking skills
- read and understand ancient languages
- connect material records to historical contexts
- understand intercultural relationships
Secondary School Teacher Training
My career opportunities
- work in the exhibition sector
- work in the preservation of monuments and historic buildings
- work in museums, libraries and collections
- work in adult and continuing education
- employment in journalism and publishing
- work in bookselling and the literature sector
- work in the wider media sector and public relations
- employment in cultural tourism and culture management