Materials Sciences and Nano Sciences
The Master’s Degree Program in Materials and Nano Sciences is an interdisciplinary programme spanning the fields of chemistry and physics with a focus on nano sciences. The students‘ focus is directed towards the areas of design and the synthesis and analysis of advanced materials. This programme is an acceptable pre-requisite for the enrolment into the PhD Programme in Chemistry and related sciences.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Master of Science (MSc)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- develop and analyse novel functionally graded materials (FGMs)
- utilize structure-function relationships for a specific application
- investigate electronic/optical/magnetic effects
- optimise the function and operating parameters of materials
- understand theoretical physiochemcial concepts in an interdsciplinary way
My career opportunities
- employment in chemical and pharmaceutical industries and materials science industries
- work in testing and certifcation within public institutions and departments
- work at technical colleges, universities of applied sciences and universities
- journalism (publishing houses, IT-journalism, managing data banks)
- employment in the patent system (patent agent, patent offices)