Graduates of the Master’s Degree Program in Chemistry qualify for working in managing positions as a chemist in research, technology, industry and relevant fields in public institutions. This programme is a pre-requisite to enrol in the PhD Programme in Chemistry.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Master of Science (MSc)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- gain a comprehensive understanding of chemical reactivity
- implement experiments of chemical reactions for a specific purpose
- apply physiochemical and spectroscopic characterisation in an interdisciplinary manner
- develop and optimize new materials, compounds and processes
- understanding theoretical physiochemical concepts using an interdisciplinary approach
My career opportunities
- employment in chemical and pharmaceutical industries and materials science industries
- work in testing and certifcation within public institutions and departments
- work at technical colleges, universities of applied sciences and universities
- journalism (publishing houses, IT-journalism, managing data banks)
- employment in the patent system (patent agent, patent offices)