In the Master’s Degree Programme in Botany the students gain extensive knowledge about the biology of plants from the molecular to the ecosystem level. Students may specialise in biochemistry and cell biology, stress physiology and ecophysiology, evolutionary systematics, biodiversity and population biology, palynology and archeobotany, agricultural and forest ecology, climate change and environmental protection.
Detailed Information Apply Online
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Master of Science (MSc)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- learn about the importance of the plant for humans and the environment
- investigate the metabolism, development and evolution of plants
- understand the function of plants in the ecosystem and in a changing climate
- undertake basic and applied research in the laboratory as well as in the field
- learn to think and act scientifically
My career opportunities
- work in research
- employment in chemical and pharmaceutical industries
- work in analytical laboratories
- jobs in the fields of environmental protection and ecology
- positions in museums and environmental pedagogy