Ecology and Biodiversity
The students of the Master’s Degree Programme Ecology and Biodiversity learn to act and think scientifically when dealing with interdisciplinary topics and challenges in the fields of ecology, biodiversity and evolution. Graduates will have acquired theoretical and practical competencies to contribute to creating a society that is sustainable and capable of critical thinking. Students may specialise choosing from a variety of ecological disciplines.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Master of Science (MSc)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- choose a focus by picking a special module: from aquatic to terrestrial habitats, from DNA to ecosystems
- study the effects of the loss of biodiversity and habitat
- study global change affecting the Alps
- learn about the human influence on ecosystems and their functions
- research-oriented work in the field and labs
My career opportunities
- undertake ecological research projects both within and external to universities
- work in public service departments and federal agencies with ecological focus
- positions in international government and non-governmental organisations
- employment in planning, engineering and consulting firms that deal with collecting ecologically relevant data
- work in scientific journalism and communications
- teaching positions
- work in outdoor education, environmental consulting or other scientific services
- freelance work as ecological construction site supervisor
- work as Certified Technical Expert