Molecular Cell and Development Biology
The students of the Master’s Degree Programme in Molecular Cell and Development Biology acquire sound knowledge in the fields of molecular biology, cell biology and developmental biology. The main parts of the programme are made up of practical work in labs and learning to apply state-of-the-art molecular methods and techniques.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Master of Science (MSc)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- study cell biology – molecular regulation of growth, walking and differentiation, stem cell biology
- learn about human stem cells, the structure and function of the immune system, biomedical applications
- study developmental biology – genetic control of development and regeneration
- study the biology of aging – causes, mechanisms and the effects of aging on cells and organisms
- study molecular biology and bioinformatics – application of modern Omic technologies
My career opportunities
- undertake research and teach in the fields of molecular biology and biomedicine
- scientific activities in private companies, e.g. biotechnology, pharmacy, medicine
- scientific work in public institutions, e.g. in medicine, public health, food monitoring, forensics, research funding
- employment in fields related to other disciplines, e.g. journalism, in combination with additional qualifications
- enrol in a PhD programme