The students of this Master’s Degree Programme observe, understand and model the Earth’s atmosphere and its interactions with other parts of our environment. In courses, labs and field work, students acquire an interdisciplinary set of tools and skills from the fields of atmospheric science, hydrology, agricultural and forest meteorology, energy meteorology, chemistry, measurement technologies and data science.
The right degree for me?
- understand and model the atmosphere’s role in pollution, renewable energy, agriculture, hydrology and climate change
- measure the state of the atmosphere and hydrosphere
- work interdisciplinarily
- study internationally at two universities: Innsbruck and Trento (Italy)
- provide guidance to other experts and the society on environmental problems
My career opportunities
- work for meteorological and hydrological services
- employment in weather and climate consulting companies
- positions in environmental consulting services
- positions in environmental protection agencies
- employment in aviation-related companies
- positions in (renewable) energy companies
- enrol in a PhD Programme