50-020 Inserting the portfolio task into course
In this HelpCard you will learn how to integrate a Portfolio 2.0 template into a course.
- In your course, click Course Editor in the top left-hand corner under Administration. The course editor opens.
- In the top left-hand corner, select Insert Course Elements and, under Knowledge Verification, the element Portfolio Task. The course element has now been created in the course structure and can be moved (if necessary later) by drag&drop. Alternatively, you can use the Quick-Add function in the yellow streamlined menu bar to enter the name of the desired module and conveniently insert it into your course by pressing the Enter key.
- In the Title and description tab, enter the title to be displayed in the course structure on the left. Click on Enter extended information to enter additional learning objectives, instructions or notes for the tutor. Furthermore, you can set a direct link to this course element in order to refer to it from outside or inside the course by clicking on the text highlighted in blue and copying the existing link. Save your entries.
- In the tabs Visibility and Access or Learning Path you can regulate visibility and access, if required:
- In the tab Layout you can change the layout of course elements. You can provide individual course elements with different background pictures or change the text colour. How to do this can be found in HelpCard 10-033.
- Now you can integrate your portfolio template into the course. To do so, click on the tab Learning content and then on Select or create portfolio template.
- Under My entries select your previously created portfolio template or create a new one (see HelpCard 50-010).
- In order for a portfolio to be awarded points, click on the Assessment tab and then on Score granted.
- Click on the red X in the top right-hand corner to close the course editor. To publish the change, select the option Yes, automatically (for details on publishing, see HelpCard 10-020). In the course view that opens, all changes have now been applied.
- The Portfolio 2.0 template is now available in the course and course participants can pick up and edit the portfolio assignment. More information can be found in HelpCard 50-021.
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0