33-012 Course element Survey
With the help of this HelpCard you will learn how to embed a learning resource Form as a Survey into a course. A learning resource Form can be integrated into one or more courses. This is done by inserting the course element Survey in the corresponding course and linking it to your previously created learning resource Form.
How to create the learning resource Form can be found in HelpCard 33-010.
How to fill in or edit the learning resource Form can be found in HelpCard 33-011.
- In your course, click on Administration in the upper left cornerand then on Course editor. The course editor opens.
- Click on Insert course elements and select the element Survey under Assessment. The element has now been created in the course structure and can be moved (later on, if required) by drag and drop. Alternatively, you can use the Quick-Add function in the yellow-lined menu bar to enter the name of the desired course element and conveniently insert it into your course by pressing the Enter key.
- In the Title and description tab, enter the title to be displayed in the course structure on the left. Click on Insert additional information to additionally enter learning objectives, instructions or instructions for the coach. Furthermore, you can Set link to this course element in order to refer to it from outside or inside the course by clicking on the text with a blue background and copying the existing link. Save your entries.
- In the tabs Visibility and Access or Learning path you can, if desired, regulate the visibility and the access to the course elements:
- If your course is a Conventional course, you will find more detailed information in HelpCard 10-030 .
- If your course is a Learning path course, you will find more detailed information in HelpCard 10-031 .
- In the tab Layout you can change the layout of course elements. You can add background images to course elements or change the font colour. How to do this you will find in HelpCard 10-033 .
- To include the desired Form, click on the Survey tab and then on the Choose, create or import button. Then select the desired survey or click Create in the upper right corner. The learning resource Form has now been linked to the course.
- If a learning resource Form is already inserted, you can Replace or Edit it. With the Edit button you have the possibility to directly edit the content of the survey. If the learning resource Form is already used in another course, the content can only be edited to a limited extent.
- Now you have the possibility to define who can participate in the survey and for whom the collected results of the survey should be visible.
- Click on the red X in the upper right corner to close the course editor. To publish the change, select Yes, automatically (for details on publishing, see HelpCard 10-020). In the course view that opens, all changes have now been applied.
Problems or questions?
Phone: +43 512 507-23555
Mail to email@example.com
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0