The Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Atmospheric Sciences is an interdisciplinary programme combining the fields of physics, chemistry, information technology, mathematics and statistics. Students acquire a basic understanding of the atmospheric climate system. With a focus on atmospheric processes in mountains, the students learn to model, measure and analyse weather, climate changes, air pollutants and glaciers numerically and statistically.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Science (BSc)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- predict weather
- measure air pollutants
- understand glaciers
- visualise climate change
- intensive introduction to mathematics and physics
In puncto Studien- und Prüfungskultur bestehen gewisse Ähnlichkeiten mit dem Bachelorstudium Physics (große Teile der drei ersten Semester sind ident).
My career opportunities
- employment in private or public meteorological services
- work in business and industry with a specific interest in environment, renewable energy, traffic, finance and insurance, consulting, tourism, etc.
- work in environmental departments in the public sector
- work in related engineering and planning offices