All areas of high technology in our modern society are built on physics. Numerous applications resulted from a combination of deep understanding of physical processes and the desire to strive for knowledge: Computers, satellites, GPS navigation, lasers, modern imaging technology in medicine and the internet are a direct result of basic research in physics. Physics provides and develops answers to many challenges we face in the present and the future, such as climate, environment and energy and also to fundamental topics, such as the origin of the universe or the wondrous world of quanta.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Science (BSc)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- study the basics and latest developments in classic and modern physics – from quantum to astrophysics
- develop analytical and creative thinking together with mathematical skill and curiosity
- understand and investigate complex relationships of and solutions for difficult problems
- contribute creatively in research and development in a team-oriented setting
- work in labs as well as in theoretical modelling
Secondary School Teacher Training
My career opportunities
- work at universities and other research institutions
- work in public service
- employment in industry and service industries
- work in research and development (R&D)
- positions in high-tech industry
- work in software development
- work in banks
- employment in the insurance and finance sector
- work as a business consultant