Our modern society is based on electrotechnical systems. They enable our current communication and information technologies or automated production in factories, while they also offer solutions for critical challenges facing our society, such as e-mobility and the efficient and environmentally friendly production, transmission and storage of energy.
Apply Online: UMIT TIROL
Apply Online: LFUI
This programme is carried out in conjunction with the Private University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology (UMIT TIROL) in Hall. Students have to enrol at the UMIT TIROL first – tuition fees will be charged – and then at the University of Innsbruck.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Science (BSc)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- learn about electrical machines and components, circuits for control and feedback control systems, measurement, communication and computer technology, and computer engineering
- study relevant topics in physics, mathematics, computation, mechanical engineering, materials science, biology and medicine
- work closely with colleagues, teachers and industry
- carry out interdisciplinary student projects: Campus Tirol Motorsport, RoboCup@Work
- specialisation in “Energy Technologies” and “Automation or Biomedical Engineering”
Similar studiesBachelor's Programmes
My career opportunities
- employment in business and manufacturing companies (for example medical technology, automation technology, vehicle construction including supply industry, electrical power supply, computer and communication technology, electronics development)
- freelance work as Certified Civil Engineer
- work in educational and research institutions