Architects design, plan and construct our built environment on every scale: from landscapes, cities, buildings, to interior spaces and design objects. The students of the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Architecture are given a comprehensive introduction into the practices and topics of the vocational field. The students graduate with sound competencies in design, art, theory and engineering.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Science (BSc)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- design cities, landscapes, buildings, spaces and construction
- use materials and technologies innovatively and creatively
- communicate and implementing ideas digitally and physically
- understand current and historical discourse on architecture
- grasp interactions between design, technology, ecology and culture
Currently, architecture is the only academic programme with artistic aspects at LFU. A related technical study is the bachelor's programme Civil and Environmental Engineering
Career Service (in German)
My career opportunities
- work in architecture and planning firms
- positions in civil service, e.g. planning authorities
- create architectural communications
- work in journalism and theoretical fields
- creative design and exhibition design
- work in creative industries
Graduates tracking: provides information on the occupational fields students enter after graduation