Mechatronics includes all techniques to develop systems, processes, devices and products whose essential characteristics are created by the integration and interaction of mechanical, electronic and information-processing components. This results in the development of systems that have a high degree of functionality, efficiency and capacity.
This programme is carried out in conjunction with the Private University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology (UMIT TIROL) in Hall. Students have to enrol at the UMIT TIROL first – tuition fees will be charged – and then at the University of Innsbruck.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Science (BSc)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- combine the fields of mechanical and electrical engineering and computing
- study applications in robotics, process and equipment engineering, auto and aviation industries and medical technology
- work collaboratively with colleagues, teachers and industry
- carry out interdisciplinary student projects: Campus Tirol Motorsport, RoboCup@Work
- spealisation in “Industrial Mechatronics and Materials Science” or “Biomedical Engineering”
My career opportunities
- employment in business and manufacturing companies (for example medical technology, automation technology, vehicle construction including supply industry, specialised equipment construction)
- freelance work as Certified Civil Engineer
- work in educational and research institutions