Few academic disciplines focus solely on the study of nature and society and their interactions. Geography is the science of human-environment relationships and explores natural, societal and economic systems, its processes and manifestations in the past, present and future. Students of the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Geographie acquire comprehensive factual knowledge and methodological competencies in the fields of physical, human and regional geography.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Bachelor of Science (BSc)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Secondary school completion certificate or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- acquire basic knowledge in sciences and social sciences
- gain diverse methodological competencies, e.g. cartography, GIS
- understand human-nature processes in space and time
- study regional phenomena
- field trips to the Alpine region, other European regions as well as North America, East Asia and the Global South
Career Service of the University of Innsbruck (in German)
My career opportunities
- positions in engineering, planning offices and tourism
- employment in public service departments, museums and community development
- journalism, e.g. TV and travel magazines
- guide for educational tourism
Graduates tracking: provides information on the occupational fields students enter after graduation