32-040 Course element Recordings
The Course element Recordings offers an easy way to embed videos in your OpenOlat course that you have recorded in the lecture hall, with the Course element Virtual classroom (BigBlueButton) or with Opencast Studio. To do so, you need to select if a single video or a series of videos is to be shown in your course.
- In your course, click on Administration in the upper left cornerand then on Course editor. The course editor opens.
- Click on Insert course elements and select the element Recordings. The element has now been created in the course structure and can be moved (later on, if required) by dragging and dropping. Alternatively, you can use the Quick-Add function in the yellow-lined menu bar to enter the name of the desired course element and conveniently insert it into your course by pressing the Enter key.
- In the Title and Description tab, enter the title to be displayed in the course structure on the left. Click on Insert additional information to additionally enter learning objectives, instructions or instructions for the coach. Furthermore, you can Set link to this course element in order to refer to it from outside or inside the course by clicking on the text with a blue background and copying the existing link. Save your entries.
- In the tabs Visibility and Access or Learning path you can, if desired, regulate the visibility and the access to the course elements:
- In the tab Layout you can change the layout of course elements. You can add background images to course elements or change the font colour. How to do this you will find in HelpCard 10-033.
Switch to the Configuration tab.
Under Display, select whether you want to display a single Video or a Series.
In the field below, select the corresponding video or series. If you enter a * symbol here, all videos to which you have access will be displayed.
Finally, click the Save button to save your settings.
Click the red X in the upper right corner to close the course editor. To publish the change, select Yes, automatically (for details on publishing, see HelpCard 10-020). In the course view that opens, all changes have now been applied.
You can view, crop, download, or even delete all your recordings at https://av-admin.uibk.ac.at.
If you want other people (e.g. tutors) to manage your videos for you and embed them in OpenOlat, please write the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- c-identifier of the respective person
- LV-title (series title) and/or title of the videos
Please note: This person can then edit the videos for you, embed them in OpenOlat, but also delete them!
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0