30-080 Appointment scheduling
In the course element Appointmentscheduling you can create and edit enrollments and appointment findings for course members. You can define if participants can choose only one or several dates.
With the course editor you can define if coaches are able to edit topics as well or if only course owners should be allowed to do so. With the button Create occasion you can create a new enrollment or appointment finding and add the desired date(s) as well as the desired location (on site or as a webconference in BigBluebutton).
Create course element Appointment scheduling:
- Open your course via Authoring.
- Click onto Administration and then onto Course editor. The Course editor opens up.
- Choose Insert course elements in the upper left-hand corner and under Administration and Organisation the course element Appointment scheduling. The Course element has been added to the course structure and can (if necessary) be moved to a different place via Drag&Drop. Alternatively it is possible to add course elements with the Quick-Add function in the yellow-lined menu on top of the course: Insert the name of the course element into the Quick-Add bar and push the Enter button.
- Fill in the title shown in the course structure under Title in the tab Title and description and, if desired, fill in the Description. Click onto Insert additional information to add Objectives, instructions or instructions for the coach. In Addition to this, you can Set a link for this course element by clicking onto the blue text and copying the predefined link. Save your changes.
- In the tabs Visibility and Access or Learning path you can, if desired, regulate the visibility and the access to the course elements:
- If your course is a Conventional course, you will find more detailed information in HelpCard 10-030.
- If your course is a Learning path course, you will find more detailed information in HelpCard 10-031.
- In the tab Layout you can change the layout of course elements. You can add background images to course elements or change the font colour. How to do this you will find in HelpCard 10-033 Layout.
- In the tab Configuration you can determine the rights of coaches in this course element.
- Click onto the red X in the upper right-hand corner to close the Course editor. To publish these changes, choose the option Yes, automatically (for further informations about the publishing of course contents see HelpCard 10-020). The course view has been adjusted to include any changes made.
- In the course view you can now schedule appointments via the course element Appointment scheduling.
- To create an occasion, click in the course element Appointment scheduling onto Create occasion. A new window opens up.
- Fill in a Title and (if necessary) a Description.
- Type: You can choose if you would like to create an Enrollment for one or multiple appointments or if you would like to configure an instrument for Appointment finding.
- Configuration: Depending on what Type you chose in the previous setting, you may determine here if students are allowed to select multiple occasions. Should this not be a desired option, then delete the tick in the checkbox. Decide if a Confirmation by organizer (Course owner or Coach) is necessary or not and if you would like the option Participants visible to other participants selected or not.
- You can determine the location and the Maximal participants (this refers to the maximum number of participants).
- Type of appointment: You may choose between Duration, Start/End and Recurring.
- Depending on the Type of occasion, you may now choose the date, the time, the duration or the weekday(s).
- Should you desire an online appointment, you may additionally generate a BigBlueButton room. The configuration is similar to the course element Virtual classroom (see HelpCard 31-011), but with less choice.
- Click onto Save to save your changes and close the window. The window closes and you can view the created appointments.
- Should you wish to add more appointments, you may click onto Create occasion, select the desired Type and configure your appointment(s).
Participants in the course may now enroll for a date or select dates to find one that works for an appointment. Occasions and appointments can be edited after their creation, participants may be added or deleted manually and you are able to export an excel-list of the participant list. Any configured BigBlueButton room can only be entered once the Start date has been reached.
Problems or questions?
Phone: +43 512 507-23555
Mail to email@example.com
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0