30-042 Integration of audio files
With the course element single page it is possible to integrate audio files as links in your OpenOlat course. For further information concerning the course element single page, see HelpCard 30-040. Please note: the audio file has to have the .mp3 format.
- Open your course via Authoring.
- Click onto Administration and then onto Course editor. The Course editor opens up.
- Choose Insert course elements in the upper left-hand corner and under Knowledge Transfer the course element Single page. The course element has been added to the course structure and can (if necessary) be moved to a different place via Drag&Drop. Alternatively it is possible to add course elements with the Quick-Add function in the yellow-lined menu on top of the course: Insert the name of the course element into the Quick-Add bar and push the Enter button.
- Fill in the title shown in the course structure under Title in the tab Title and description and, if desired, fill in the Description. Click onto Insert additional information to add Objectives, instructions or instructions for the coach. In addition to this, you can Set a link for this course element by clicking onto the blue text and copying the predefined link. Save your changes.
- Choose the tab Page content and click onto the button Create page and open in editor. The Single page will open up.
- Choose Insert and then Media. A new window opens up.
- Choose the following configurations:
- Source: Insert the link here. If you would like to upload the audio file directly, then choose the symbol to the right and a new window will open up. Choose Upload file, then Choose file. A new window opens up, in which you can choose your audio file and confirm your choice by clicking Open. Then click Upload. The file name of your audio file appears in the Source field.
- Width and Height: Type in the size of the window. By clicking on the symbol to the right you can toggle the automatic ratio between width and height on or off.
- Click on Save and then Save and close.
- Click onto the red X in the upper right-hand corner to close the Course editor. To publish these changes, choose the option Yes, automatically (for further information about the publishing of course contents see HelpCard 10-020). The course view has been adjusted to include any changes made.
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0