30-140 Participant Folder
The course element Participant Folder offers a direct file exchange between Participants and Coaches. When creating it, you can select two folders: the Participant Drop Box via which Participants may - unseen by other Participants - hand in files to a Coach and the Coach Return Box where Coaches can return files to single or all Participants.
The Participant Folder offers 100MB of space. If necessary, you can request an increase of this space. To do this, please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: title of the course/group and the title of the folder.
- Open your course via Authoring.
- Click onto Administration and then onto Course editor. The Course editor opens up.
- Choose Insert course elements in the upper left-hand corner and under Communication and collaboration the course element Participant Folder. The Course element has been added to the course structure and can (if necessary) be moved to a different place via Drag&Drop. Alternatively it is possible to add course elements with the Quick-Add function in the yellow-lined menu on top of the course: Insert the name of the course element into the Quick-Add bar and push the Enter button.
- Fill in the title shown in the course structure under Title in the tab Title and description and, if desired, fill in the Description. Click onto Insert additional information to add Objectives, instructions or instructions for the coach. In Addition to this, you can Set a link for this course element by clicking onto the blue text and copying the predefined link. Save your changes.
- In the tabs Visibility and Access or Learning path you can, if desired, regulate the visibility and the access to the course elements:
- If your course is a Conventional course, you will find more detailed information in HelpCard 10-030.
- If your course is a Learning path course, you will find more detailed information in HelpCard 10-031.
- In the tab Layout you can change the layout of course elements. You can add background images to course elements or change the font colour. How to do this you will find in HelpCard 10-033 Layout.
- In the tab Folder settings you can find the Participant Drop Box and Coach Return Box configuration.
- By default both folders are activated and participants are allowed to delete/overwrite uploaded documents.
- You can select Limit upload to time interval which refers to the time interval in which the upload has to be done by the participants.
- You can select Limit number of uploadable documents.
- In the tab Template settings you can configure folder structures or create subfolders.
- Click onto the red X in the upper right-hand corner to close the Course editor. To publish these changes, choose the option Yes, automatically (for further informations about the publishing of course contents see HelpCard 10-020). The course view has been adjusted to include any changes made.
Problems or questions?
Phone: +43 512 507-23555
Mail to email@example.com
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0