In the course element Folder you can upload and download documents. You can also use it as a platform for an exchange between different OpenOlat Users.
In most cases, a folder is used as a space for course materials such as slides or scripts. A folder offers 1 GB of space to save your files. If necessary, you can request an increase of this space. To do this, please write an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information: title of the course/group and the title of the folder. Should there be files that you would like for members of multiple courses to have access to, you can insert a resource folder (see HelpCard 30-031).
- Open your course via Authoring.
- Click onto Administration and then onto Course editor. The Course editor opens up.
- Choose Insert course elements in the upper left-hand corner and under Knowledge transfer the course element Folder. The course element has been added to the course structure and can (if necessary) be moved to a different place via Drag&Drop. Alternatively it is possible to add course elements with the Quick-Add function in the yellow-lined menu on top of the course: Insert the name of the course element into the Quick-Add bar and push the Enter button.
- Fill in the title shown in the course structure under Title in the tab Title and description and, if desired, fill in the Description. Click onto Insert additional information to add Objectives, instructions or instructions for the coach. In Addition to this, you can Set a link for this course element by clicking onto the blue text and copying the predefined link. Save your changes.
- In the tabs Visibility and Access or Learning path you can, if desired, regulate the visibility and the access to the course elements:
- If your course is a Conventional course, you will find more detailed information in HelpCard 10-030.
- If your course is a Learning path course, you will find more detailed information in HelpCard 10-031.
- In the tab Layout you can change the layout of course elements. You can add background images to course elements or change the font colour. How to do this you will find in HelpCard 10-033.
- In the tab Folder configuration you can regulate where the file(s) of this folder will be stored in the course storage. We recommend to leave the configuration as it is (automatically generated folder). Under user rights you can permit coaches and participants to edit / upload files as well.
- Via Open folder you can upload and manage files, but we recommend you do this in the course view. How you can upload multiple files at the same time is explained in HelpCard 30-032.
- Click onto the red X in the upper right-hand corner to close the Course editor. To publish these changes, choose the option Yes, automatically (for further information about the publishing of course contents see HelpCard 10-020). The course view has been adjusted to include any changes made.
Problems or questions?
Phone: +43 512 507-23555
Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0