With course element enrolment, course members can enrol for groups. These groups can regulate the use of other course elements with the tabs Visibility and Access as well. Take note that in Learning paths groups can be only used in a limited fashion (for example in a Group Task).
- Open your course via Authoring.
- Click onto Administration and then onto Course editor. The Course editor opens up.
- Choose Insert course elements in the upper left-hand corner and under Administration and Organisation the course element Enrolment. The course element has been added to the course structure and can (if necessary) be moved to a different place via Drag&Drop. Alternatively it is possible to add course elements with the Quick-Add function in the yellow-lined menu on top of the course: Insert the name of the course element into the Quick-Add bar and push the Enter button.
- Fill in the title shown in the course structure under Title in the tab Title and description and, if desired, fill in the Description. Click onto Insert additional information to add Objectives, instructions or instructions for the coach. In Addition to this, you can Set a link for this course element by clicking onto the blue text and copying the predefined link. Save your changes.
- In the tabs Visibility and Access or Learning path you can, if desired, regulate the visibility and the access to the course elements:
- In the tab Layout you can change the layout of course elements. You can add background images to course elements or change the font colour. How to do this you will find in HelpCard 10-033.
- In the Configuration tab click in the selector on the line depending on group to Select an already existing group or onto Create in order to create a new group:
- Select: Select the checkbox before the desired group and confirm this choice by clicking onto Apply.
- Create: Fill in a new group name and confirm this by clicking Finish. You can fill in an optional description and a maximum number of participants.
- Once you have either selected or created a group you will see a list of groups. These groups can be ordered according to your preferences if you tick the box Allow custom order.
- Save your changes.
- Click onto the red X in the upper right-hand corner to close the course editor. To publish these changes, choose the option Yes, automatically (for further information about the publishing of course contents see HelpCard 10-020). The course view has been adjusted to include any changes made.
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0