00-030 Log In and Guest Access
On the OpenOlat landing page there are three login options:
Web Single Sign-on
In this HelpCard you will learn about the differences between the login options.
Web Single Sign-on
- This is the standard way of logging in to OpenOlat. It has several advantages over the alternative method, LDAP login.
- With the (Web) Single Sign-on you are automatically signed into several services of the University of Innsbruck within the same browser session.
- Users from other institutions, also using this 'Shibboleth' authorization, can sign in with the account of their own institution. In the Please select your organization from the list below dropdown menu in the Single Sign-On option there is a list of the organizations where this applies.
Signing in via LDAP login
- You sign in with your University of Innsbruck user ID.
- The user ID is the only way to log in with LDAP.
- Please note: There is no automatic authentication with any University of Innsbruck Single Sign-on services.
- With Guest Access, limited access to the OpenOlat learning management system is granted to users without user ID.
- In order to make learning resources accessible to guests, guest access rights must explicitly be given (HelpCard 10-070).
- In courses with guest access there is no access to course elements storing personal data. Further information regarding guest access functionality can be found in HelpCard 10-071.
Problems or questions?
Phone: +43 512 507-23555
Mail to email@example.com
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0