10-070 Access Options (for Courses, Learning paths and Learning resources)
You can configure different access options for your courses and learning resources when you create them (see HelpCard 10-010 and HelpCard 10-011 for further information). You can also change the access options retrospectively when the course or learning resource already has been created.
- Go to Authoring and open the relevant course.
- Choose Administration and select Settings. Choose the Share tab.
- Under Access for members of the organization the access options for your course will be displayed:
- Private (default): Only the users who are a member of the course (member, coach and / or owner) or the learning resource have access. The members management is administered by the owner and / or coach of the course.
- Bookable and open offers: After setting your access to bookable and clicking onto the Save button, four offers become available.
- Click onto the button Add offer to the right or select a desired offer button from the bottom of the page.
- Access code: Here you set an access code so potential members of the course can self-enrol. Only OpenOlat registered users with this code can access the course. You can also time-restrict access to the course and activate a confirmation mail for self-enrolled members.
- Freely available: All in OpenOlat registered users have free access to this course. In order to access the course, potential members need to enroll by opening the course for the first time. They will then be added to the course as members. Also, you can restrict access to a specific time frame.
- Without booking: All registered users in OpenOlat have access to the course or the learning resource, but they will not be added as members to the members management.
- Guest: This option allows for users worldwide to access the course without a user ID (see HelpCard 10-071). Please note: Guest access cannot be configured for learning path courses.
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0