10-060 Archiving Course Contents
To back up your data, you can export courses as a whole, transfer individual course elements to other courses, or download assessments and submissions from courses. Results of tests, self-tests, surveys, SCORM modules and course results, in group task and task elements as well as participant folders, uploaded files and log files can be archived. Also archived are topic assignments, forums, file discussions, wikis, tally lists, and course chat history and logins.
Archived test and self-test files are stored in Excel format. You will find details on when participants solved the test, how questions were answered, and how many points were earned. Archived self-tests contain anonymized usage data.
Attention: For reasons of data protection and copyright, the export of personal data and content is only permitted to the extent absolutely necessary for course and study-related purposes. Exported data must be completely deleted after the purpose of use has been fulfilled; publication, transfer to third parties or use for other purposes is generally not permitted. The responsibility for the DSGVO-compliant handling of personal data lies with You after the download.
- Open the Authoring section and go to the course where you would like to archive contents. You can only archive from courses if you are an owner.
- Select Administration, and choose the Archive tool from the menu. In the menu to the left you will find all course content that can be archived.
- Select the content that you would like to archive, for example a Test. You will now see a list of your Tests.
- Use the Configure download options to the right at the top of your interface to customize how the test should be archived:
- Display all item columns: All question titles, answers, scores and test duration will be shown in the spreadsheet.
- Display score: All question titles including the scores will be shown.
- Display time (beginning, duration): Only the duration of the test and the questions will be shown.
- Display answer comment: Only the comments to each question will be shown.
- In any case the obtained points in the sections and the test as well as the duration of the test execution will be shown in the created excel list.
- Select the Test and the options and choose Archive. A .zip-file will be downloaded.
- Click on Authoring and open the course you want to export
- In your course, click Administration at the top left and then on Export content in the drop-down menu at the very bottom.
- A .zip file will now be downloaded. You can later import this file back into OpenOlat.
- To do this, click on the Import button in the Authoring. The import window opens.
- Select the desired file and give the course a name.
- Finally, click on Import. You are now in the settings of the course.
Importing content from other courses
You can take over elements or entire course structures from existing courses, provided that you are entered as owner in both courses. This function is available to you both directly when creating a course and at a later point in time. You can find out how to do this in HelpCard 10-050.
Problems or questions?
Phone: +43 512 507-23555
Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0