10-050 Importing Course elements from other Courses
If you are building new courses using course elements or course structures from existing courses that you own, these can be copied into the new course. This can be done either when the course is created or retrospectively.
- Go to Authoring in the main menu and choose the relevant course in the My entries tab. The course opens up.
- Go into the Administration menu in the upper left-hand corner of the interface and start the Course editor. The Course editor opens up.
- In the editor menu, choose Insert course elements and choose Import from other course (at the bottom of the list to the right). The 'Copy course elements' window opens.
- In the dropdown menu you will find the courses with you as an owner. Choose the desired course.
- Use the checkboxes to select the desired course elements and click Next.
- Select the suitable learning resources and click Next.
- Select the desired files that should be imported and click Finish. The newly imported course elements will appear at the end of the course structure, displayed to the left in your interface.
- You can reposition any course element in the course structure using drag & drop.
- Click on the red X in the upper right-hand corner in order to close the Course editor. Choose the option Yes, automatically in order to publish your changes (for details about publishing of contents see HelpCard 10-020). The changes have now been published and applied to the course view.
Problems or questions?
Phone: +43 512 507-23555
Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0