Sustainable Regional and Destination Development
Locality is a vital component for any economic activity and development. Other topics related to economic activities are urbanisation, clusters, infrastructure and mobility, among others. In many regions tourism is the driver of prosperity in the community. Successful regions require a clear development strategy, and destinations need clear branding. These areas are complex and demand the involvement of local communities and the consideration of regional environmental factors as well as global developments. The students of this programme learn the methodological basics for implementing studies in this field..
This programme is carried out in conjunction with the Private University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology (UMIT TIROL) in Hall. Students have to enrol at the UMIT TIROL first – tuition fees will be charged – and then at the University of Innsbruck.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Master of Science (MSc)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- understand evidence-based analysis
- interdisciplinary approach
- understand political relevance
- understand sustainability in a wider context
- motivate people to act collaboratively
My career opportunities
- employment in regional development agencies
- work in consulting
- employment in tourism organisations
- managing positions in the hospitality and catering industry