Sociology: Social and Political Theory
The students of the Master’s Degree Programme in Sociology: Social and Political Theory deepen their knowledge of the theories of and discourses in social sciences. The students gain an understanding of the importance of theoretical decisions for practices and empirical studies of the social sphere by studying topics such as identity politics and gender, social differentiation and inequality, the state and democratisation, culture, media and globalisation.
Detailed Information Apply Online
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Master of Arts (MA)
4 semesters/120 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- deepen theoretical knowledge
- evaluate benefits and limits of various theories
- apply sociological concepts practically
- enhance communication and presentation skills
- develop critical reflection and openness towards other theoretical positions
My career opportunities
- work academically at universities and other institutions
- work in the public service and private sector
- work in (inter)national government and non-governmental organisations
- work in the field of social research and counseling
- employment in the education, welfare and public health sector