The PhD Programme in Sociology provides a framework where students can carry out research work independently. Many courses are offered in block format, which allows the students to concentrate on their dissertation because of a more flexible schedule. This PhD Programme targets graduates who are interested in pursuing an academic career or senior positions in politics, business and industry and culture.
Please note: the language of instruction for this programme is German.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
6 semesters/180 ECTS-Credits
Mode of Study
Relevant diploma or master's degree or equivalent, language certificates
Information on the curriculum
The right degree for me?
- deepen methodological and theoretical knowledge
- apply sociological models and concepts practically
- create academic presentations and publications
- enhance communication and presentation skills
- develop critical reflection and openness towards other theoretical positions
My career opportunities
- research at universities and other institutions
- employment in public service
- work in the private sector
- work in (inter)national government and non-governmentl organisations
- work in the field of social research and counseling
- employment in the educational, welfare and public health sector