50-030 Create a portfolio binder
Own portfolio folders can be created independently of a course or author rights. A folder consists of sections, entries and content. Sections help to organise entries. Different contents can be added to each entry. In this HelpCard you will learn how to create a portfolio folder.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right-hand corner and then on Portfolio 2.0.
- Now click on Go to my binders under My Portfolio.
- Click on the Create new binder button in the top left-hand corner. In the drop-down menu, select New empty binder.
- Enter a title and click on Create binder. You are now in the overview of your empty folder.
- Click the Create new section button. Enter a title and a summary (optional) and click Create section . The title of the section is now visible in the contents folder.
- With the cogwheel icon on the far right you can edit and delete sections or create and import entries.
- Now switch to the Entries tab and create your entries with the Create New Entry button.
- Optionally, you can import already created entries from other portfolios via the Import entry button and thus use this entry in several portfolios and also change it locally (only for this portfolio).
- Enter a title and, if desired, further information. Also assign a range to the entry.
- Then click on Create New Entry. The entry will now open. As long as an entry is still being edited, it is in draft status.
- Now you can add different contents to the entry. First select a layout template using the Add a New Layout button and then click on the Add Content button.
- When you have completed the entry, click on Publish Entry. After publishing, the entry can no longer be edited, but it is possible to leave comments.
- In the Access control tab, you can give other OpenOlat users access to your folder by clicking on the Add access rights button in the top right-hand corner.
Please note: it may happen that the English HelpCards are not up to date. Should you find discrepancies with the functions in OpenOlat, please refer to the German version of the HelpCard.
OpenOlat HelpCards by Universität Innsbruck: Digitale Medien und Lerntechnologien and Hochschule Furtwangen: Learning Services is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0